Systems Software Integration Engineer
MI 48307 US
|Pay:||$75,000.00 - $100,000.00 Annually |
|Employment Type:||Employee |
|Work Schedule:||Full-Time |
|Travel:||10-25% Travel |
|Industry:||Automotive / Motor Vehicles / Parts ||
|Category:||Embedded Software-Electrical Engineer-Electronics Jobs |
|Experience Required:||Yes |
|Manages Others:||No |
|Degree Required:||Yes |
|Security Clearance Required:||No |
Multiple positions available similar to this.
up to 100k, relocation expenses are available
Systems/Software Engineer – Functional Integration
The engineer will be responsible for defining the functional (software) requirements for Electric Power Steering product and to conduct the functional validation of the product. The position requires someone with background in automotive electronic controller embedded software applications.
1. Define and maintain new baselines of functional (software) requirements to provide correct functionality for a new product development.
2. Provide interface with internal engineering teams.. This will involve some travel within USA and potentially to the UK, Germany and/or Mexico.
3. Evaluate proposed changes to software requirements documents.
4. Assist in planning of system development milestones with software and other internal teams and help ensure delivery to these milestones.
5. It will involve co-ordinating test and validation activities with other systems engineers working on the project
6. Such activities are likely to involve detailed analysis of the operation of the electronic system, including the embedded C code and use of tools related to CAN communications
7. Maintain liaison with offshore where other software testing/analysis (e.g. software testing) is being carried out.
|Personal Qualities / Experience |
* Intelligent & energetic.
* Good communication & leadership skills; ability to engage in a team setting.
* Technical background working with electromechanical systems.
* Bachelor Degree in electrical engineering or a related subject.
* Two years experience working with real-time embedded software (using C) and electronic system engineering, preferably for automotive electronic systems. Practical electronic hardware experience of such systems would be advantageous. Ability to read and interpret Object Oriented C source code. Familiar with CAN communications and related software tools.
* Familiar with software test methods and natural language specifications.
* Experience with model-based software specifications for automotive electronic systems would be an advantage.
Metro Detroit, MI / Northern Suburbs US.