Human Resources Manager
Piedmont SC US
|Pay:||$85,000.00 - $100,000.00 Annually |
|Employment Type:||Employee |
|Work Schedule:||Full-Time |
|Travel:||10-25% Travel |
|Industry:||Automotive / Motor Vehicles / Parts ||
|Experience Required:||Yes |
|Manages Others:||Yes |
|Degree Required:||Yes |
|Security Clearance Required:||No |
Open Large Map
SW of Greenville, SC
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Job Summary: Responsible for the development and implementation of policies and procedures which affect the employment, training, benefits and safety of the plant’s employees.
Duties and Requirements of the Job:
1. Directs employment activities, ensuring that properly-qualified employees are recruited and hired for company positions.
2. Supervises the Training Coordinator in the development and coordination of training programs and participates in orientation and indoctrination programs.
3. Assists in keeping employees informed of changes in personnel policies and procedures and counsels employees on personnel policies and personal problems.
4. Assists in developing solutions and makes recommendations on complaints received from employees.
5. Ensures that company employment, safety, personnel and EEO policies and practices comply with applicable state and federal labor laws.
6. Administers employee benefit and service plans and programs.
7. Acts as a source of advisement to management personnel on applicable policies, programs and planning.
8. Develops and maintains benefit and wage administration program.
9. Maintains local salary administration program.
10. Conducts research and recommends change or innovations as appropriate.
11. Maintains and updates job descriptions.
12. Utilize QOS to support the Client Systems Quality Policy.
13. Performs such individual assignments as the supervisor may direct; establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
14. Performs those administrative activities necessary for the effective management of the department, including provision for the selection and development of employees, pay administration, budget administration, employee safety, employee counseling and motivation. Also including, but not limited to organization goals and objectives, planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed within the department and ensure adequate and continuous control is exercised over the activities affecting quality.
15. Other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager.
|Skills Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:|
1. Minimum of five years experience in Human Resource Administration.
2. Ability to effectively plan and organize department to achieve HR goals and objectives.
3. Computer literate, with knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows.
4. Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
5. Working knowledge of workers compensation and OSHA requirements.
6. Working knowledge of EEO regulations, as well as state and federal employment laws.
7. Prior experience in benefit administration.
8. Must be able to delegate responsibility to ensure that assignments are completed successfully.
9. Planning and organization skills.
Educational Requirements Needed to Perform the Duties of the Job:
1. Knowledge typically evidenced by a Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Business Administration, Human Resource Administration or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Requirements to Perform the Duties of the Job:
1. Nothing that would prohibit overnight or extended travel.
2. Ability to travel (including air travel and long automobile trips).
1. Occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds.
2. Maneuvers in, around, under and about factory and / or laboratory equipment on a regular and continuous basis.
3. Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
4. Works at telephone answering equipment, design equipment and at a PC.
5. Works within an automotive components manufacturing office and laboratory setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
May be required to travel to plant and/or customer sites worldwide